Getting Ready!



0 comments
To garden, that is. The whole enterprise is just around the corner, and I'm very glad to once again have a large plot of land in which to work. Every vegetable, every herb, every flower will be organically grown, Heirloom variety (and non-GMO).

I have ordered my seeds, and will shortly be making newspaper pots in which to germinate them. I should have some wonderful composted soil, made up of left-over cow poo mixed with veggie scraps and chicken poo, hay and straw, which has been "marinating" for some months now. I try to keep it turned and what is underneath is looking pretty good.

In case anyone is interested, my seeds are coming from the Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Company and Seed Savers Exchange. Both catalogs feature beautiful photographs and great tips for gardeners on not only how to grow crops, but how to save seed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post