Gourd (in progress)



4 comments
I'm using solvent-based and ink-based dyes on this gourd. Also...experimenting with pigments in traditional binders (poppy seed oil) as a glaze to add depth. This is the base coat comprised of various dyes.

Edit: The glazing is working out pretty well and is adding a lot of depth to the color. Will post an update in a few days.

Also working on two portraits and a mandala, so I should have some new stuff to post fairly soon - or at least more "in-progress" pieces.

4 comments:

Char at: November 26, 2011 at 2:49 AM said...

This one is BEAUTIFUL.

Holly at: November 28, 2011 at 10:15 PM said...

Thanks. It's coming along...

Garden Girl at: May 14, 2014 at 6:30 PM said...

This is stunning! I am loving the general design and use of colors. There is already alot of depth to this and I can't wait to visit again soon!

Holly at: November 18, 2014 at 1:15 PM said...

Well, better late than never in responding to a comment! Heh. Thanks for the nice words. I ended up giving this one away recently. A friend of a friend was visiting, saw it, said she loved it, so I gave it to her.

Post a Comment

newer post older post