Almost Finished!



2 comments
While I was busy appreciating winter this morning, I managed to squeeze in a couple of shots of one of the gourds I have been working/experimenting on. It's nearing completion, which is a good thing, since I'm becoming bored with it.

I'd like to see it go to a good home.

I sort of love the snowy backdrop, despite the fact that I ordinarily detest snow. When I haven't been appreciating it, that is.

Slightly different view.

It's sitting on a piece of fabric on top of a woodpile. How's that for rustic improvisation?

Parts still under construction. I worked on this last night so it's still wet from dyes and solvents.

More updates to come.

2 comments:

Char at: January 20, 2012 at 3:29 PM said...

You know I kind of prefer it without the outlining, although I can see why you do it. Have you ever done one without that? Or with a dark colour outline?

And blogger is letting me comment again!

Holly at: January 20, 2012 at 6:54 PM said...

Yay blogger!

Actually, I'm using two different colors for some of the details - bronze and light gray - although the bronze is more toward the bottom and isn't showing up as well. Once the detail work is completed and dry, I'll go over the whole gourd with various transparent washes. The effect will be to cause the colors along the details to vary in hue and intensity. After that - varnish, or wax, or some kind of sealing finish.

Post a Comment

newer post older post