Progress



2 comments
The colors are deepening gradually - the use of pigments in binders as a transparent glaze over the dye base seems to be working. There are some areas that haven't dried yet - the drawback is that the process takes longer, so progress is slow.

I wish I had a camera better suited to photographing detail, with less of a tendency to blur any image shot at close range, but this will have to do. A new camera is not a part of my immediate future. Alas.

The old doors pictured a few posts back are nearly stripped of their old finish. Will post an update as soon as possible.

I will also try to post a picture of a portrait I'm currently working on later today; hopefully I can make it outside to photograph it in natural light. It's a balmy 28 degrees outside and I have stalls to do and horses to groom. It's a glad task, however. I may even ride this weekend, if time and weather permit.

More to come...

2 comments:

Char at: December 11, 2011 at 11:50 AM said...

So perty. Are you going to leave some of the gourd exposed (assuming that's the yellow)? I like the contrast of that.

Holly at: December 11, 2011 at 11:51 PM said...

Yep, that's the natural color of the gourd. I probably will leave some of it exposed; I sometimes do. In this case, maybe small sections (or a ribbon) around the bottom.

Post a Comment

newer post older post