I Miss My (Injured) Thumb



0 comments
It hasn't actually gone missing, or anything like that, at least not permanently. I had the absent-minded misfortune to slam the chicken coop door on it yesterday, and because the temperature was very cold outdoors, I was quite unaware that I had done any real damage until I came in some time later, and all the interesting blue and purple colors common to an offended digit began to develop.

DH thinks I broke it; I'm not sure if I did, but it does hurt like the dickens, and I can't bend it, or do much of anything with it. Even typing this entry is awkward.

Necessity being what she is, I found a soft piece of wood and DH has just gone to the barn to fashion it into a splint, because I have much to do and I have no intention of sitting the day out. Nor do I have any intention of going to an ER to be charged a small king's ransom for the docs to do exactly what I am doing - putting a padded splint on my thumb. They won't do anything else; I've broken my fingers, toes, etc., before. A splint it is and out you go.

I'll spare you any images of a black - and - blue thumb; who wants to look at that?

Ah, DH is back with the splint.

More later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post