By Any Other Name



0 comments
A project I have assigned to myself that I absolutely must accomplish is the propagation of my roses. They may be about to pass out of my hands forever, and I have worked long and hard over the course of many years to cultivate them, that they may bloom robustly every year, scattering the grass with pale pink petals when the blossoms drop after a period of weeks. They are beautiful, and I want them to flourish here - who knows but that they may be uprooted where they are and thrown out on the trash heap? They do have thorns, and thorns are an inconvenience. Not everyone can appreciate the prickly beauty of a rose.

It is therefore imperative that I don't allow the tyranny of the banal to so overwhelm my days that I don't give the time to this endeavor that it deserves. Although I don't feel an urge to list them, there are reasons why this is something I just need to do.

Some photos from a couple of years ago:




0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post