Not So Fast



0 comments
Did I say onto other subjects? Well, almost. My recent fascination with all things fowl won't permit
me to exclude the progress (photographically speaking) the Guinea keets have made over the last couple of weeks:


They have been feathering nicely and making quite a mess of their brooder (they are in a giant 50 gallon Rubbermaid container with a chicken wire lid), which means I clean it out daily. These little guys are nothing like chicks, by the way - they are more akin to wild birds and are skittish and nervous, though I handle and play with them frequently. To help DH, who for the life of him still cannot tell our chickens apart except by breed, all our Guineas will have names beginning with the letter "G." So far I have named three of them - Gandalf, Gimli and Galadriel (the whole male/female thing, and how many we have of each is still a mystery). Not that we expect them to come when called - it's just that we have a seemingly irresistible urge to name everything.

So - NOW I can move on. I think. Perhaps. Except that I found the next breed of chicken I MUST have - it's called a Swedish Flower Hen (look it up). Gorgeous bird. (I don't know what it is about birds, but I like having them around.) So...yeah. We'll see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post